Unusual? Hard to pronounce? Sounds like a song?
You already know about the kari part.
But what you didn’t know is….
…..that I come from a long line of Anne’s.
It’s a tradition handed down through the generations in my family that the oldest daughter of the oldest daughter is always named….
Or some combination thereof.
My grandmother’s grandmother and my great-grandmother and my grandmother and my mother and myself and now….my oldest daughter…..
Every. Single. One.
So this….the last and final room transformation….is for all the Anne’s that ever were….
….and all the Anne’s that ever will be.
I love you each and every one.
She is my favorite room of all.
Because…..she is my heart.
She’s simple and sweet and fun and whimsical and full to the brim of joy….
….with just the right shade of pink lipstick.
I can almost see her smile.
Here’s how I did it:
1. Easy no sew valances I made from left-over drop cloths and pink ribbon.
I used no-sew tape to add the pink ribbon to the bottom of the valence and then just hung the drop cloth over a 2 x 2.
2. I used a table from the screened-in porch as a center table.
Perfect height for a game of checkers.
3. I brought the urns in from outside to use on the gray side table.
4. Ottomans from the master bedroom can also double as benches for the room tucked under the center table.
I couldn’t help it.
I left the paper.
I think I’m going to do a tutorial on this because I got so many questions about it yesterday.
I just added little pink flowers for summer color.
1. I taped off a basket with painter’s tape to create a cross pattern.
Then I simply spray painted the basket white and removed the tape to reveal the original basket color beneath.
It makes a perfect side table with plenty of extra storage.
1. My milk glass collection is still on display.
2. To create a centerpiece…I filled eight milk glass tumblers with pink flowers and centered them in a basket.
3. All the fabrics came from Wal-Mart.
I think the most I paid was $6.97 a yard.
I hung a vintage sign on the wall and added a rocking bunny I bought at a sale.
The sign came from a yard sale.
I can’t believe this is the last day.
I’m a little sad.
I was just getting started.
I have about four more room ideas…..an entire attic of furniture and a whole pantry full of milk glass.