Some people have a Silhouette Cameo
I have my very own personal vinyl cutter.
Her name is Greta and she is one fine vinyl cutter, but she is tough.
You see, when I talk there is a lot of hand waving and excited gesturing. As a matter of fact, truth be told, I am heavy on the exuberance and excitement and light on the follow-through.
For example, I say, “Greta. I need the largest state of Kentucky possible you can create in vinyl. So I can create…..
Greta is not a hand-waver. Greta is not overly, unnecessarily exuberant. Greta is efficient and task-oriented and always follows through. And, of course, the next day a 12″ x 8″ vinyl Kentucky shows up at my house.
“I want to see it when you are through,” says my vinyl cutting task-master.
So I stop my hand-waving, curb my enthusiasm and get to work.
To complete this project I:
(1) Bought two canvases from Hobby Lobby. They came two to a package. I bought long canvases because Kentucky is a long state. People who live in long states or square states might want to take this into account when purchasing canvases from Hobby Lobby.
(2) I applied the vinyl of Kentucky to one canvas.
(3) I applied the outline of the vinyl to another canvas.
(4) I painted the two canvases with leftover paint samples from these projects.
(5) I waited one hour while I watched Project Runway All Stars and bemoaned the fact that Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn are not on the show.
(6) I peeled off the vinyl and debated if I should use them again, realized that Greta might frown on this, and threw the vinyl away except for one corner I saved.
(7) I cut out a star from that little piece of vinyl and added it to the canvas.
(8) Then I hung the canvases on the wall of the playroom at the top of the stairs with thumbtacks.
(9) I called Greta and tell her how wonderful she is and start hand-waving about my next project.
Easy peasy project.
Don’t even think about asking for Greta’s number though….
……it’s under lock and key
PS Don’t forget about our impossibility challenge. We would love for you to join us. Please note that while I do paint and sand and sew…..baking overwhelms me. See my attempts at homemade bread with all the other “impossibles” at our linky party on January 31.